Certifications & Awards
The Green Key is an eco-label, recognized by the World Tourism Organization and UNEP, which has been awarded to over 1500 installations in 28 countries around the world
Creta Maris, certified with the Green Key meets the following criteria:
- Trains its staff, guests and owners to increase sustainable development and environmental awareness in recreation facilities.
- Protects the environment by reducing the environmental impact of the hotel on the world stage.
- Requires financial management by reducing consumption, which means reducing the costs.
- Follows marketing strategy which includes the promotion of quality label Green Key.
- Operates empowering hotel assuming greater environmental responsibility.
The hotel was checked and completed the criteria for the distinction of Gold Travelife Sustainability System, showing very high commitment to sustainability and social responsibility. With this certification the hotel is committed to create opportunities for improvement, to communicate its actions and encourage others to act in the same way.
BIO Hellas – BIO Kuzina
The model «BIO Kouzina» offers certification to foodservice units, who use one or more organic raw materials for which they wish to make reference to the organic production method.
The hotel was certified in 2013 using five organic raw materials: eggs. Flour, honey, skioufichta pasta and split peas.
Cretan Cuisine Certification
The aim of Region of Crete is to create a prestige and credibility Pancretan Quality Label, that is practicable, harmonized with modern needs and internationally recognizable, which will be established in the minds of residents and visitors of the island and strengthen the reputation of Cretan diet model. It will also increase the rising demand for the provision of authentic Cretan cuisine and the development of culinary tourism.
The main activities of the Department of Certification are:
- Evaluation of the restaurants which have applied to join the restaurant network of the “Cretan Quality Agreement”
- To give the certification to the companies that follow the principles of the label
- To controls the entire process in order to secure that standards are being followed from the certified companies
- Promote the certified restaurants in national and international level.
ECARF Seal of Quality
Τhe ECARF Quality Seal is a seal of approval that is intended to aid in the selection of products and services suitable for use by allergic consumers. The ECARF Quality Seal is a European certification. The foundation awards the Seal according to detailed requirements that are determined, validated and monitored by its international scientific advisory committee.
In general, all products, such as consumer goods or food products, and all services, such as hotels or restaurants, can be certified. The basis for certification is proof that the product or service offers a significant improvement in quality of life for allergic consumers. The quality of the product or service is monitored regularly through random sampling.
Tripadvisor Excellence 2013
The Tripadvisor Excellence Award honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Establishments awarded the Certificate of Excellence are located all over the world and represent the upper echelon of businesses listed on the website.
When selecting Certificate of Excellence winners, TripAdvisor uses a proprietary algorithm to determine the honorees that takes into account reviews ratings. Businesses must maintain an overall TripAdvisor bubble rating of at least four out of five, volume and recency of reviews. Additional criteria include a business’ tenure and popularity ranking on the site