Green Activities at Creta Maris
We believe that responsibility in tourism and hospitality is a way to ‘create better places for people to live in, and better places to visit’
Some Green activities that Creta Maris follows are the following:
- Energy Saving, with special electricity cards placed on the guest room keys used for the electricity in the room.
- Renewable Energy, with our solar park.
- Water Saving, with special pipes used in the hotel.
- Environment friendly cleaning products used in the hotel.
- Green Activities such as forestation and landscape cleaning.
Be part of our Green Team and participate at the green activities organized daily! Our detailed program will be ready soon!
We are pleased to report that our hotel was certified by the "The Green Key" eco-label, a quality label (eco-label) for tourism, has been awarder with the Gold Travelife Award, and has been also awarded with the Bronze Environmental Award 2014 of Boussias Company.
Environmental Action Plan
The management and staff of the hotel Creta Maris, knowing the inextricable relationship between tourism and the environment continues a very important project for both local community and generally the environment.
Our hotel is committed to:
- Continuously monitoring and following the environmental legislation
- Continuously improve the environmental performance with several goals and programs in order to reduce the environmental pressures
We aim to:
- Protect the beach and it’s water quality
- Work with local stakeholders in order to preserve the natural beauty of the area
- Cooperate with the company Creta Eco Phoenix for systemic recycling paper, plastic, glass, oil and electronics
- Make actions through the Green Team of our hotel aim in order to voluntarily help in cleaning coastal areas and the broad region
- Cooperate with local schools providing the opportunity of on-site educational trips to inform students on recycling.